can't install the game

Everything you need to start playing on Vengeancewow!

Moderators: Developer, Gamemaster, Community Manager, System Administrator

Nymea

can't install the game

Post#1 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:48 pm

Hi

I have downloaded the file from google docs and first up Windows won't install it. So I unzipped it into a folder but the install file wants to install to the C drive which on my computer is a very small ssd drive with no room for a game like wow. There is no option to install to a D drive so I unzipped the files into a folder on my D drive. But the game still won't work because it needs something that would have been installed via the installer.

How can I get the game to wok on my computer using the D drive?

Mantislord
Developer

Re: can't install the game

Post#2 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Perhaps there's a misunderstanding. The game files do not need to be installed. If there is an installer executable, you should not run it.
All you should need to do is unzip the files to any location you wish and run Wow.exe, nothing more.

Please come on Discord and ask for help in #gm-support channel if you are still having problems.
https://discord.gg/9wfbnz

EDIT: I'm seeing now we do, in fact, have an installer option. I'll get back to you on this.

Mantislord
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:02 am

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say that the installer doesn't give you the option.

When I downloaded and tried it, it seems you can either manually edit the path in the Folder textbox, or I can also browse to my other drive.

I also edited the install guide to include some info about how to use the installer in case there's any confusion:
post18464.html

Power2All
System Administrator

Post#4 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:45 am

The installer has been replaced now with a simple ZIP file you can extract anywhere.
http://bit.ly/2VB6reM
There is a readme file included which explains the options.

I would advice you to use a location like "C:\Games\WoW" or something similar.
Run either the RUNME bat file to clear cache if you switch servers often, or just start wow.exe.
There is also a MacOS binary included in the ZIP file, in case you play on a Mac.
System Administrator on vengeancewow

Return to “Getting Started”