How to start playing on VengeanceWoW 2.4.3 Realm - MAC GUIDE!

Everything you need to start playing on Vengeancewow!

Moderators: Developer, Gamemaster, Community Manager, System Administrator

Devildog4355
Developer

How to start playing on VengeanceWoW 2.4.3 Realm - MAC GUIDE!

Post#1 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:27 pm

PC GUIDE HERE!(CLICK HERE)

Hey there :)

As I am not the only one, who struggles with getting the 2.4.3. client to run on MAC, I'd like to share with you, what I found on the internet.

As we know, TBC is not supported by the newer Mac versions, due to some system changes by Apple.

For lotta people, Wineskin doesn't work properly due to sound or (very annyoing!) mouse related bugs. As I couldn't get rid of the mouse bug after hours of reading in forums and trying out various 'solutions', I found a tutorial, which worked for me:

>> CrossOver <<. It's basically the same as Wineskin, namely an applicatin to run .exe files on mac. Although CrossOver is only free for 14 days and afterwards very expensive, there are ways to handle the problem, like downloading a "trial extension" file or a cracked version of the programme. But let's begin with the 14 days trial.

Note: I succeeded on a MacBook Pro (Retina 15", 2013) - OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 - 2 GHz Intel Core i7 - 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB.

Things you will need:

1. A programme to unzip .rar files
Get WinRar or any similar application on the appstore.

2. A copy of the TBC PC(!!!) client
This torrent file worked well for me: Torrent link for WoW game (copy and paste this link into utorrent)

3. The CrossOver trial version
https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/download/

You need to register there with your "name" and an email-addy, but you don't have to give them any information about paying methods or anything else.
(3.a Or get a cracked version)

Now that we've got that, let's start
:)

Step 1: Open CrossOver, click "free 14 days trial"

Step 2: Click "Data" => "Open (file)"

Step 3: Open the file ('with/as bottle') "setup.exe" (or, if you have a different client, open "wow.exe")

Step 4: A window like this should appear:

Step 5: Look out for the 2 red arrows on the screenshot. The upper arrow leads you to the "Edit" button, where you can edit the name of 'the bottle', the name for your wow application. I named it Stonetalon.exe :)
The lower arrow shows you the way to the "Install" button.

Step 6: Install the game, I chose English as the language, as I am not sure if the server works with another language.

That's it, the game should now be running running, but on a wrong server. That's why we have to edit the realmlist now:

Step 7: Close the game and CrossOver.

Step 8: Open CrossOver, it should look like this now:

Step 9: Right-click "Stonetalon.exe" => "Open drive: C"

Step 10: Search for "realmlist" in "drive_c"

Step 11: Open the file "realmlist.wtf" and change the text to:

set realmlist logon.vengeancewow.com
set patchlist vengeancewow.com

Step 12: For adding addons, you will need to search for the folder in "drive_c" again. (I have tested the addons, they work!)

That's it, you're good to play now! :D You just need to open CrossOver, go to Stonetalon.exe and start the client every time you want to play.

I hope I could help some of you fellow apple users out. As I am a total dummie in terms of computer knowledge, I fear that I can't give you any information about other mac versions, system requirements or similar things. But as the source of my tutorial is a thread of 2013, I think it should work for all of the newer macs.
I will edit the post, feel free to ask questions, add knowledge and/or experience and tell me, what I could explain better...
PS: Sorry for the German in the pics ;)

Love,

Deleia

Original post by Deleia
We do not use In-game Ticket System (Tickets Will Not Be Replied To)
Join us on Discord! http://discord.me/vengeancewow
https://www.twitch.tv/devildog4355
Please Report All Bugs On JIRA Tracker: http://jira.vengeancewow.com

Return to “Getting Started”