How to start playing on VengeanceWoW 2.4.3 Realm - MAC GUIDE (PlayOnMac Method)

Everything you need to start playing on Vengeancewow!

Moderators: Community Manager, Developer, Gamemaster, System Administrator

chiefpoko

How to start playing on VengeanceWoW 2.4.3 Realm - MAC GUIDE (PlayOnMac Method)

Post#1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:19 pm

How to install WoW The Burning Crusade on Mac

1. Download the windows version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxk9lS ... MtTHc/view

2. Download Play on Mac: https://www.playonmac.com/en/download.html

3. Install play on Mac. It will ask if it can install Quartz for you. Choose yes (it takes a minute)

4. Install a new program

5. Install a non-listed program

6. It will ask you a few things. Just click next>next>next

7. Choose “Install a program in a new virtual drive”

8. Name it (worldofwarcraft for example)

9. Don’t check anything on the next step. Just click next

10. Let it do it’s thing...Now this is where it gets a little confusing

11. Go to you Mac home folder>PlayOnMac’s virtual drives>worldofwarcraft>drive_c>Program Files.

12. Now move or copy and paste the entire game folder you downloaded to the directory in the previous step

13.Go back to PlayOnMac and browse the file you need in the same directory as step 11 but this time go into the game folder you copied in that directory and choose the Wow.exe file. This will then start the game

14. Now close the game and choose Wow.exe again

This makes a shortcut that opens WoW

15. Name your shortcut

16. It will show you the same screen after completing this step. Just choose “I don’t want to make another shortcut” and click next

Now you should see a shortcut to run WoW on your desktop and in Play On Mac. When you open WoW it will take a minute longer because it has to start and run through Wine

I’ve played with this setup and haven’t found that I have the common mouse or clicking issues that running through Wine directly gets you

Also it takes a minute for the icon to be created and the .app to show up on your shortcut. You can then copy your wow app into your applications folder if you want

Good luck!

Return to “Getting Started”