Merge updates

All news about Vengeancewow will be posted here.

Moderators: Developer, Gamemaster, Community Manager, System Administrator

laizerox
Administrator

Merge updates

Post#1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:56 am

Hey there everyone!

You've probably already have noticed that things have kept me busy with website and merge!

I would like to give you some updates and insights on the upcoming merge.
Currently the schedule stays same and we will be able to hit the deadline so this is a good news right!?

Then moreover we've been already testing the merge script for any possible issues and we've already been able to address a few.
There are still few things I would like to point out. If your character on Stonetalon or Wildhammer has items made by person who will no longer exist, their names will no longer shows up on items they've made for you.

Also for Stonetalon scenario we've been testing AH & mail interactions when we reguid the database. It seems it is working but for double safety we advice to loot all mails and cancel AH before the merge starts. If something gets lost during the merge it will be practically impossible to restore.

The scrip to reguid and cleanup Wildhammer currently takes around 30minutes to run. For Stonetalon we estimate it to be 15min. The actual transactions from Wildhammer into Stonetalon may take few hours. This is something we will begin testing today or tomorrow before actual merge.

After the merge Wildhammer will be removed from out realmlist and it will also disappear from our new status bar on frontpage.

If you would like more information join us at Discord!

combobreaker

Re: Merge updates

Post#2 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

why the fuck are u guys gonna get rid of the pvp server? thats some stupid shit. on top of that, the pve server isnt even pushing 100 active players, yet the plan is to xfer WH to ST? for wtf reason, every pvper that started on WH for pvp wont play on ST because its a carebear pos pve server that nobody gaf about. You guys need to keep the servers separate and do some advertising

Soul
Gamemaster

Post#3 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Thank you for your opinion.

kezul
MVP

Post#4 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:37 pm

Lemme just break your combo combobreaker. Your one out of hundreds of other people that think this is a bad idea. I for one love it, the majority of pvp takes place on battlegrounds and arena anyway, along with halaa and the battle for terrokar towers. There will still be world pvp, just no level 70s ganking people trying to level. The merge is happening to bring life back into our server and make Wildhammer/Stonetalon one realm. Hope you will reconsider and join us in the fun :)

laizerox
Administrator

Post#5 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Hello there!

We do not plan to upkeep two different realms because of the following facts:
  • It keeps community divided at this stage
  • Wildhammer has had 2-3 players logged in concurrently for past 2 months prior to shutdown
  • We require more resources

If we compare PvE and PvP servers then the only difference is that the contested (Neutral / Yellow) zones will not auto flag you into PvP.

If you wish to participate in world PvP activities such as Halaa, HFP Flags, Terokkar or Zangarmarsh you will have to manually toggle PvP to capture the objectives.

PvP activities such as Arena and Battlegrounds still exist on PvE realm or going into hostile area such as Stormwind as a horde will still auto flag you into PvP.

Hope this clears up your perspective on PvE server.

abcynia

Post#6 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm

combobreaker wrote:You guys need to keep the servers separate and do some advertising

In all honesty, I'd say at this point advertising is up to us ... the players. There really is only so much the server administration can do, and I think they've done it by providing an ever advancing server for people to get playing on.

lilstevie

Post#7 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:57 am

"A carebear pos pve server that nobody gaf about"

This vernacular is common with people who are offended when others ask them to behave like adults.

Put very simply, the merge makes many characters available to an active player base. There are enough people on Stonetalon today to have a productive, fun experience. There are no active players on wildhammer.

It's pretty easy to find a guild as long as you avoid acting like an asshole.

Clambake4137

Post#8 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:06 am

I cannot wait for this merge!

Fireflyazul2

Post#9 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Salutations!

Fantastic job all with the efforts and improvements the last year to get Vengeance back on track.

I personally enjoyed the intrigue of world PvP, however when WH fell away, I joined Stonetalon and found the community to be quite enjoyable.

I hate the the solo grind of leveling as much as anyone, however even prior to this merge it has not been uncommon to find someone in your lvl range to pair up with for a bit and 5 man groups, while more difficult to find than retail are certainly possible at all lvl groups during Peak US hours.

All this to say...anyone interested in a quality TBC experience would be sorely missing out if they are writing vengeance off purely for combining to a PVE server.

Arena is likely only to grow after this merge and my hope is that BGs find their way around in the future.

Thanks again for everyone's effort and support for this passion project. There are many of us out here who find great escape here from an otherwise busy life filled with responsibility and obligation.

Sincerely,

Former Retail PVP mega guild GM of Hostess Twinkies (2006-2010)

Feel free to harass me in game
26 paladin Tony stark
61 ally mage Worson

Fireflyazul2

Post#10 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Also any estimate when the Merge will be completed today?

Thanks!

Return to “News & Announcements”