Limited XP event!

All news about Vengeancewow will be posted here.

Moderators: Developer, Gamemaster, Community Manager, System Administrator

Deathsworn
Community Manager

Limited XP event!

Post#1 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi guys! We know summer's quieter, and with good reason... nobody expects you to take your laptop to the beach to raid :D

Anyway, now's the perfect time to level an alt... or if you're new to the server, to catch up with everyone else! Until September 1, we're offering a temporary xp leveling event through vanilla to get you to outland that much faster: 3x for Alliance, 4x for Horde from levels 5 to the end of 58.

To take advantage, once you hit level 5, type .xp set 3 for Alliance or .xp set 4 for Horde. Or toggle it lower, if you find things too speedy. Choice is yours!

-DS

Vondor

Re: Limited XP event!

Post#2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:03 am

I'm new to Vengence/Stonetalon so excuse me for a stupid question. I've tried typing ".xp set 3" from the console, but I keep getting error messages. Can you expand on your instruction above?

Soul
Gamemaster

Post#3 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 am

Vondor wrote:I'm new to Vengence/Stonetalon so excuse me for a stupid question. I've tried typing ".xp set 3" from the console, but I keep getting error messages. Can you expand on your instruction above?

Make sure you are atleast level 5 before typing it. Also type it without the " signs.

Underminus

Post#4 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:29 am

Might I suggest you keep this option until you have an active amount of players on both factions. I know a few of my friends can't be bothered leveling at 1 or 2 times speed through vanilla content again.
I think that 4x would be great not just for horde but also alliance, you will never be able to fully balance a server.

That being said, I am glad i finally found a PvE TBC server and i hope the population continues to grow.

tascha

Post#5 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:03 pm

I would also love for this xp event to be made longer.

I found this server last month and would love to have more time to level up my characters faster.

Bunnyonfire

Post#6 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:35 pm

I respect the decision to bring it back to 2x, I hope it doesn't chase people away though

Deathsworn
Community Manager

Post#7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:36 pm

I had plenty of gripes that 3x was too fast and 2x felt good. So I hope people don't get turned off immediately cause of a single digit

tascha

Post#8 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:03 pm

If people thought it was too fast, they could stay at 2x, couldn't they?
I guess I don't understand the need to go back down to 2x, but not for me to understand I guess. Your decision of course.
It's a really nice server, I would just like to see other people discover it.

Return to “News & Announcements”