Recommended leveling build for PvE? q

Discussion about Warlock class goes here.

Moderators: Community Manager, Developer, Gamemaster, System Administrator

seizethanight

Recommended leveling build for PvE? q

Post#1 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello,

I've got a lock and just ding'd 10. I guess at this point I get to start the Voidwalker quest.
It was quite a beating having to level to 10 with just myself and an Imp.

However I understand this is TBC 2.4.3 and so leveling might require a unique build that fit this patch.

I've heard affliction is a good leveling build (siphon tanking?).
Is that still the case?

Would Demonology be the "safer" leveling build?

Crusader9x

Re: Recommended leveling build for PvE? q

Post#2 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:14 pm

My personal opinion is to level in Azeroth as affliction and then grab the felguard for outlands. However it is really up to your personal taste.

Affliction Allows you to grind nearly without stopping. You dot, life tap, then drain health untill target is dead or you have to repeat. If done correctly you kill the target with nearly full mana and health.

With demonology/felguard spec, you kill things a little more old fashioned so to speak. Send in pet, dot/shadowbolt spam, then drink. You can try the affliction way of draining health and life tapping but its not as efficent time wise.

Now whether you like shadowbolt spamming and then drinking or grinding through affliction is up to you.

Sorry, at work so pressed for time. This is just a quick little bit to what is more interesting to you. Post up which one you like, or both, and when I get home Ill put up some more info for you.

Return to “Warlock”